Power to Change Privacy Statement
Power to Change is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy in accordance with the National Privacy Principals (Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988). The following outlines how we use your information and protect your privacy.
Your personal information
Personal information held by Power to Change may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone /mobile phone number, email address, and credit card details.
When we do receive credit card details they are processed via a secure e-payment gateway (Securepay). Credit Card information is destroyed after a order is completed. We then do not have access to that financial information.
How we collect personal information
Power to Change collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, when you create an account in our online store.
- From third parties (ie cookies)
- From our own records
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- Provide the services you require
- Administer and manage those services, including charging and billing for services
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud
- Research and develop our services
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with better Service
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems
When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Power to Change. The organisations to which we disclose information include:
Outsourced service providers (if applicable) who manage the services we provide to you, including:
- Banks and other financial institutions
- Customer enquiries
- Mailing systems
- Billing and debt-recovery services
- Information technology services
- Installation, maintenance and repair services
Your representatives (e.g. your authorised representatives or legal advisors)
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies
- Credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing
- Our professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- Organisations involved in:
A transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) Managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation) other telecommunication and information service providers
- our related companies
Help us to ensure we hold information
Power to Change takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
- Keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name and address
Security of personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure including using a cloud-based information system which satisfies security industry protocols.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subjects to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request into writing for security reasons.
Power to Change reserves the right to charge a fee for searching and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on (03) 9014 7584 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Alternatively, you can write to us at Power to Change, PO Box 565, Mulgrave, Victoria, 3170 or email us at email@example.com