Backstory is highly intuitive to use and wonderfully visual to look at. The result is a very simple, very graphic, very clear presentation of the gospel message.
Here is the opening premise:
There are seven billion people in the world. Seven billion stories. And yet there are themes in our stories that are universal: betrayal, love, romance, redemption, sacrifice . . . The question is if theres a larger story or narrative to which all our stories relate, one that makes sense of our shared experience a common Back Story.
The booklet goes on to explain the back story which, of course, is the gospel:
- Intimacy: God created us to know him
- Betrayal: Humanity rebelled and sin separated us from him
- Anticipation: The Scriptures promise of a coming Deliverer
- Pursuit: The coming of Christ
- Sacrifice: Jesus death and resurrection
- Invitation: God invites us to return to him
- Reunion: The age to come, judgment and eternal life.
As you can see, Backstory provides a broader more comprehensive explanation of the gospel and thus a more compelling case for Christ.
You can use the booklet to explain the gospel, stimulate a spiritual conversation, or give to someone as a read on your own gospel summary.
(Requires Adobe PDF reader. Click here for free download)